Pensacola Law Firm to Host People’s Law School for Citizens
The Levin, Papantonio, Rafferty The personal injury law firm will hold free classes to help curious citizens learn more about the law.
Each course will take place at The Rex Theater18 N. Palafox St. in Pensacola, every Tuesday in September from 6-8 p.m. for “anyone interested in learning more about the law as it relates to personal injury, estate/probate, accident compensation labor or bankruptcy,” according to the company’s press release.
“We wanted to raise the IQ in our community in terms of how they can protect themselves,” Brenton Goodman, attorney for the law firm, told the News Journal.
Murder or self-defense? :Man charged with death of teenage girl’s boyfriend in Cantonment on trial
In case you missed it:Contamination could make large parts of NWFL waters off-limits to oyster farming
The lawyers will also discuss the status of several high-profile local, national and international lawsuits. These cases include ongoing cases litigation to hold the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to account for mass shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola, legal action around rate increases initiated by Florida Power & Light and lawsuits aimed at forcing Skanska compensates citizens and business owners who suffered financially after a loose Skanska barge damaged the Pensacola Bay Bridge.
Here is the complete program of courses and instructors:
- Personal Injury/Motor Vehicle Law — Brenton Goodman and Rachael Gilmer
- Estate/Probate — John Glassman
- Workers Compensation/Social Security Act – Brett Vigodsky
- Bankruptcy — Steven Jurnovoy
- 3M earplugs — Troy Bouk
- Shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola – Chris Paulos
- Camp Lejeune — Sara Papantonio
- Skanska Update — Brian Barr
- Florida Power & Light Update – Scott Warrick
- Southern Baptist Convention – Carissa Phelps and Emmie Paulos
- Milking — Kim Adams, Carissa Phelps and Kathryn Avila
Those interested in taking free courses at People’s Law School can register at peopleslawschool.rsvpify.com.
Benjamin Johnson can be reached at [email protected] or 850-435-8578.